Therefore all seasons shall be sweet to thee,
Whether summer clothe the general earth
With greeness, or the redbreast sit and sing
Betwixt the tufts of snow on the bare branch
Of mossy apple-tree, while the nigh thatch
Smokes in the sun-thaw; whether the eave-drops fall
Heard only in the trances of the blast,
Or if the secret ministry of frost
Shall hang them up in silent icicles,
Quietly shining to the quiet Moon.



Friday, January 24, 2014

A Comment about Tideswell


I have received a comment via email about a post I did on the village of Tideswell in May 2010. I have added it to the comments but thought I would also put it here with a link to the original post for anyone who is interested. The photo above is of a carving in the church done by Advent Hunstone the great great uncle of Mr Bagshawe.

" Hello Rowan, What a wonderful demonstration and wonderful photos on your website. My name is Mark
Hunstone Bagshaw b Buxton. I lived in Tideswell for 16 years at Velvet Mill. We ran a family business - Chapmans - so called under our ownership because Chapmans had previously run the business going back over 100 years. 

 Brenda lived in Tideswell [ Tidza } for two years and always said that it had an atmosphere not many places have. The depth of history you portray previously unknown to us, little wonder!! Thanks for your lovely comments and research. I am the great great nephew of Advent Hunstone - his brother Robert m Mary Lyon and one of their daughters Janet m William Bagshaw - my grandparents. 

 Would love my comments to go on your Blog/website - most enjoyable. 

 Kind regards Mark"

I found it really interesting to be contacted by a descendent of one of the people from the past that I've written about. Thank you Mark:)

5 comments:

Roy Norris said...

As I commented at the time D. It was a really interesting Post that you wrote.

Diane said...

That's lovely - what a wonderful comment x

Louise said...

That's great - I'll have a look at the post you linked to now. My mum's family are Bagshaws but I have no idea of there is any connection, probably not!

Acornmoon said...

How nice to have that connection. The wood carving is beautiful.

John "By Stargoose And Hanglands" said...

For all the inventiveness and originality of modern parents they'll never come up with the equal of Advent Hunstone - what a name that is!